High magnesium dolomitic lime used as a soil additive in agricultural settings
Agricultural Lime Overview
Soils tend to become more acidic over time because of erosion, leaching or decomposition. Dillon’s Agricultural Lime is a low silica, finely milled dolomitic lime used as a soil additive. Agricultural lime increases the pH level of acidic soils while adding magnesium and calcium. Dillon’s lime is especially high in magnesium content making it very effective for plant growth, raising livestock and adding minerals back to soils.
Our Agricultural Lime is very low in harmful silica making it ideal for spreading in open-air environments or packaging into other finished products.
Why Agricultural Lime?
- Reduces soil acidity while increasing alkalinity
- Increases crop yields
- Provides magnesium and calcium to plants
- Improves water penetration
- Can be used as an insect repellant
- Increases plant uptake of key ingredients such as nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium
- Improves fertilizer effectiveness
Delivered by bulk pneumatic tanker or available in bulk, 1-ton super bag (bottom spout), 1.25 ton super bag (bottom spout), or 50-pound bags.